Efficas Care products are formulated to deliver a precise amount of the correct ratio of EPA and GLA to reduce leukotrienes in your body.
Adults and children 12 and older......... 15ml (1 tablespoon)
6 years to 12 years....................................6 ml (1 teaspoon)
2 years to 6 years......................................3 ml (1/2 teaspoon)
As with all medical foods you should consult with your physician before you begin taking Efficas Care to help you manage your condition. You and your doctor should agree on the appropriate regimen for the treatment of your condition. Make sure that your doctor knows about all of the medications, medical foods, and dietary supplements you are taking.
When you discuss Efficas Care with your doctor, be certain to mention if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you have liver disease or are taking medication that affects liver function.
While Efficas Care is intended for use with multivitamins and other supplements, we recommend that Efficas Care be your only source of supplemental GLA, EPA and DHA fatty acids, and that you not use supplemental borage oil, evening primrose oil or fish oil.
- Do not use as a replacement for asthma medication.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any component of this product (fish, soy etc).
- Do not exceed the recommended daily amount.
- Avoid using fish-oil supplement products when using Efficas Care.
- Efficas Care is designed for use by those 12 years and older.
- When you discuss Efficas Care with your doctor, be certain to mention if you:
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have liver disease or are taking medication that affects liver function.
What about side effects?
There are no known significant side effects. In clinical studies the product has been shown to be safe and well-tolerated when used as directed. However, some individuals may be intolerant of borage oil, or allergic to soy or fish.